Graphic Design Career Specialties
- Advertising: Graphic designers in the advertising industry are responsible for creating artwork that goes into print and television advertisements, billboards, signs, brochures, and other materials.
- Book Design: Book designers create illustrations and other artwork that is found on book covers.
- Corporate Identity: Designers responsible for creating a corporate identity do so through logos and other symbols used in various corporate publications that effectively project a company's image.
- Desktop Publishing: Desktop publishers use computer software to format and design the layout of visual graphic elements to use in publishing materials.
- Packaging Design: Graphic designers create the overall look of a product's package, which includes artwork, print type, and layout.
- Publication Design: Publication designers create the artwork, type, and layout for various publications such as newsletters, brochures, and reports.